Teachers can use TodaysMeet to
- organise the students to brainstorm on certain topics as a warming-up activity in the class
- collect the students' feedbacks of the previous classes, and prepare for the following classes
- open a Q-A session outside the classroom
- disscuss the outline, syllubus, teaching aids, etc. with other colleagues within the school or far away
- discuss and negotiate with their partners converning their cooperative work
- ask and answer the Qs their fellow students post
- comment on the class immediately after the class
The reasons for teachers to choose TodaysMeet:
- More room for the Ss: when applying the tool to the second language teaching and learning, the teacher's role is pulling back. In other words, students are given more room to express their ideas, thus rather student-centred.
- Motivation: many students of shy personality or lower target language proficiency level tend to be reluctant to speak in the public, especially facing an authoritative role as a teacher. Without the concrete appearance of the teacher, the students can be motivated and more actively involved in the group work and the discussion.
- Effectiveness: the creating of the meeting room is not limited to the time and place. Besides, it aslo cost-effective.